Spafford Releases Awesome Pro-Shot Video Of “The Postman” [Watch]

first_imgAs time passes and the jam band scene continues to evolve, it has been exciting to see the rise of new acts. One such band is Spafford, the four-piece traditional jam band, that is currently experiencing a meteoric rising through the ranks as their name gains more weight across the country. Starting last fall with their “Breakout Tour”, the buzz around the band was palpable and has only been gaining momentum. 2017 is quickly proving to be the year the band sticks the landing. Having completed the full first leg of a national tour opening for Umphrey’s Mcgee with headlining dates mixed in, it is fair to say that Spafford has seen a huge boost in exposure and an increasingly larger spotlight on their music and improvisational creativity.So far that spotlight has served them in an enormously positive way. Taking the stage at prestigious theaters is always a huge step in the evolution of an up and coming band, and thus far for Spafford, transforming their sound from the club circuit to large venues has only bolstered their fan base.  Their sound has smoothly crossed over into the larger rooms and the connection to new audiences has been undeniable.Today, the band shared a pro-shot video of original composition “The Postman” from the beautiful Fillmore Theater in Detroit, MI. See for yourself what all the buzz is about, video courtesy of the band.last_img read more

See More

Involving local leaders key to successful COVID-19 education in NTT regency

first_imgMalaka regency in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) is among those areas that have been relative successful in promoting the government’s “3M” health protocols comprising wearing masks, washing hands with soap and maintaining physical distancing.In a video uploaded on Monday to the YouTube channel of the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB), BNPB Indonesia, journalist Frans Pati Herin of Kompas said that he had seen people following the health protocols, even in remote areas.During his visit to Manuela village, located 256 kilometers from the NTT capital of Kupang, he encountered a woman in her 60s who wore a mask while she was out walking alone. Frans recounted that the woman said that she always wore a mask whenever she went outside, and told him that she had learned about COVID-19 and the 3M protocols from the local administration and her local church.The head of the Malaka Disaster Mitigation Agency (BPBD Malaka), Gabriel Seran, said the agency had been collaborating with various organizations, including religious communities, to educate the public about the coronavirus since the beginning of the Indonesian outbreak in early March.Gabriel said that the local administration had asked for the agency’s help in curbing the spread of COVID-19 in the regency, which prompted the Malaka BPBD to from its COVID-19 task force. The task force then invited all relevant parties, such as government agencies, religious communities and the military, to contribute to raising public awareness about COVID-19.Read also: Public must help curb virus falsehoods: Task force Editor’s note: This article is part of a public campaign by the COVID-19 task force to raise people’s awareness about the pandemic.Topics : #wearmask #mothermessage #keepyourdistance #avoidcrowd #usesoap #socialdistance #washyourhand #covid19taskforce “The ability to fight COVID-19 is in the hands of the people,” he said, stressing that the task force tried to disseminate correct and accurate information about the virus and the disease at all administrative levels, from villages to districts and on up to the regency level.“We also asked religious leaders [to inform their congregation] at religious forums,” he added.Father Edmundus Sako of the Malaka diaconate said that the Catholic Church was adhering to the government’s health and safety protocols. He added that the church was also working with other institutions to teach the people of Malaka about COVID-19.“As the deacon of and the head of the FKUB in Malaka, I always discuss this matter with [other members],” he said, referring to the Religious Communication Forum.Malaka regency in East Nusa Tenggara (NTT) is among those areas that have been relative successful in promoting the government’s “3M” health protocols. (JP/Swi Handono)Despite the surge in COVID-19 cases around the globe, a survey by Statistics Indonesia (BPS) has found that 17 percent of Indonesians believe it “impossible” that they would contract the disease.“It is a huge number,” national COVID-19 task force chief Doni Monardo said during a virtual event on Friday. He said that given the country’s population of 270 million, this meant that 44.9 million people believed they would not be infected with SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the disease.Doni stressed that the lack of public awareness was a contributing factor to the continuing spread of the disease in the country.“There are still many people who have yet to receive [complete] information about COVID-19,” he said. (jes)last_img read more

See More

Survey: Batesville Casket leads with quality, service

first_imgBATESVILLE, Ind. – Batesville Casket Company is earning industry-leading scores in a national survey.Batesville was named as the top-rated casket supplier for product quality, service and innovation.The survey allowed funeral professionals from across the nation to share views on a variety of topics that impact their business.It was the second consecutive year that the locally-based company had the highest scores for quality, and it was another year of increased ratings for service.“We hold ourselves to high standards – from the first step in manufacturing through delivery to a customer – so it’s good to see that our commitment and the efforts of dedicated associates throughout our Supply Chain are making a difference,” said Troy Turner, chief marketing officer for Batesville.83 percent of survey respondents named Batesville as a leader in product innovation, marking a 30 percent jump over the prior yearCorporate officials say ratings in the innovation category dominated all other casket companies.This year’s survey, which covers a wide range of issues facing today’s funeral professionals, drew responses from 359 people – the highest number of participants in its history.Funeral Service Insider, a weekly subscription-based publication that covers industry topics, conducted the survey.last_img read more

See More

Munster host Zebre in Guinness Pro 12 clash

first_imgPeter O’Mahony is poised to make his first appearance for Munster in almost a year and a half – the flanker is named on the bench for the visit of Zebre to Thomond Park this evening where there’s a 5pm start.Ulster will look to continue their sensational start to the season as they host the Ospreys at Kingspan Stadium from half-past six.And Leinster is away to the Cardiff Blues at the Arms Park, where kick-off is at 7:35pm.last_img

See More

Campbellville man slapped with gun possession charge

first_imgLaurence Ellis of Lot 157 Campbellville Housing Scheme, Georgetown was remanded to prison on Friday by Senior Magistrate Leron Daly after he appeared in the Georgetown Magistrates’ Courts slapped with a gun possession charge.Ellis denied the charge which stated that on May 9, 2018, he had in his possession a .38 pistol without being the holder of a firearm licence.The court heard that on the day in question at about 20:00h, Police were on mobile patrol duties in the Campbellville area when they stopped the father of one and a search was carried out on his person. He was at the time on a pedal cycle.During the search, Ellis reportedly took the firearm from his crotch and threw it into a clump of bushes on the parapet.The gun was subsequently retrieved by the Police. The magazine of same was extracted and six live rounds of ammunition were also found. The 32-year-old man was told of the offence and was taken into Police custody where he gave a written caution statement.In his caution statement, he reportedly said he bought the gun for $60,000 almost two weeks ago after he was threatened by someone named “Joshua” who resides in the same area.Bail was refused, and the matter was adjourned to May 25.last_img read more

See More

Leeds poised to land defender on two-year deal

first_img Souleymane Bamba in action for Leeds 1 Leeds United are poised to complete the signing of Souleymane Bamba from Palermo.The Ivory Coast international spent the second half of last season at Elland Road, making 19 appearances for the Yorkshire club.And now, according to Tuttomercatoweb, Leeds have made contact with Palermo to try and negotiate a permanent deal.It is thought that Bamba is pushing for the transfer to go through and will sign a two-year contract with the Championship side.last_img read more

See More