ESPN Insider Has A Troubling Update On USC Football

first_imgStanford's offense going against USC's defense in the Coliseum.LOS ANGELES – NOVEMBER 14: The USC Trojans and the Stanford Cardinal play with crowde stands in the background on November 14, 2009 at the Los Angeles Coliseum in Los Angeles, California. Stanford won 55-21. (Photo by Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)Clay Helton remains the head coach of the USC football program, though an announcement on the future of the Trojans could be coming later today.While many expect the head coach to be fire, ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler hinted during their broadcast that Helton could be returning in 2019.Helton said at his press conference that USC’s athletic director, Lynn Swann, told him that “better days” were ahead. Some have speculated that those words mean Helton will be returning.One ESPN insider has heard that Helton has a huge buyout, which could contribute to him coming back in 2019.“If Clay Helton’s buyout is around $15 million, which I’ve heard from multiple people, there’s a bigger problem with the USC athletic department than a bad football coach. We’re talking about an interim coach who had never been a head coach before and was in Memphis for a decade,” he reports.If Clay Helton’s buyout is around $15 million, which I’ve heard from multiple people, there’s a bigger problem with the USC athletic department than a bad football coach. We’re talking about an interim coach who had never been a head coach before and was in Memphis for a decade.— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) November 25, 2018USC does have some big boosters, though. Colin Cowherd reports that several of them are calling for a change.“According to ABC announcers, Clay Helton is safe. If safe now means top USC boosters have told Lynn Swann to fire him, then yes, he is safe,” he reports.According to ABC announcers, Clay Helton is safe. If safe now means top USC boosters have told Lynn Swann to fire him, then yes, he is safe.— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) November 25, 2018Stay tuned.last_img read more

See More

West Indies hope to end series drought in decider against Bangladesh

Share this:Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)RelatedLooming World Cup adds extra significance to 2018’s last ODI seriesDecember 8, 2018In “Sports”Bravo, Brathwaite return to Windies ODI for Bangladesh seriesDecember 4, 2018In “Sports”Rovman Powell disappointed over umpiring errorDecember 15, 2018In “latest news” Rovman PowellSYLHET, Bangladesh (AFP) — West Indies captain Rovman Powell said Thursday his men were “upbeat and confident” of clinching the deciding one-day international against Bangladesh and sealing their first series win in four years.The touring side won Tuesday’s match in Dhaka by four wickets after losing the opener, levelling the three-match contest 1-1 and setting the stage for a series decider in Sylhet on Friday.The Caribbean side last won an ODI series in 2014 at home against Bangladesh and are desperate to end the drought.Since then, they have capitulated in 11 series, managing their best result with a draw against minnows Afghanistan last year.“It is on the tip of everyone’s tongue. West Indies haven’t won an ODI series for quite some time. This is a grand opportunity to change it,” Powell told reporters in Sylhet on Thursday.“The guys are upbeat and confident of doing it tomorrow.”They came close to defeating Bangladesh in July on home soil, suffering a 2-1 loss. In October, they went down to India 3-1.A win would remove some sting from West Indies’ humiliating drubbing by Bangladesh in the Test series in November and December, when the home side wrapped up both matches inside three days.Powell said his side had to improve on their winning flair displayed in the second ODI.Opener Shai Hope hit a career best 146 off 144 balls not out, as West Indies toppled Bangladesh’s 255-7 with two balls in hand to complete their first win in the tour.“We have to work on all three aspects of the game. One game doesn’t change the fact that we are still not batting well as a team. We still need to work on our bowling and fielding,” Powell said.Pace bowler Oshane Thomas worked up some lively pace to leave Bangladeshi batsmen unsettled in both the games.“Bangladeshis don’t like fast bowling. We are definitely looking to exploit it. Hopefully tomorrow we can do that,” Powell said.Bangladesh skipper Mashrafe Mortaza played down suggestions the hosts were rattled by Thomas’ pace.“In both the matches, his economy rate was close to six. So there is no issue. If they think he is their best bowler we are relaxed,” said Mashrafe.This will be first ever ODI hosted in Sylhet, in Bangladesh’s northeast. The ground has hosted seven Twenty20 internationals and a Test.The West Indies will wrap up their tour of Bangladesh with three Twenty20 internationals. read more

See More