ESPN Insider Has A Troubling Update On USC Football

first_imgStanford's offense going against USC's defense in the Coliseum.LOS ANGELES – NOVEMBER 14: The USC Trojans and the Stanford Cardinal play with crowde stands in the background on November 14, 2009 at the Los Angeles Coliseum in Los Angeles, California. Stanford won 55-21. (Photo by Stephen Dunn/Getty Images)Clay Helton remains the head coach of the USC football program, though an announcement on the future of the Trojans could be coming later today.While many expect the head coach to be fire, ESPN’s Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler hinted during their broadcast that Helton could be returning in 2019.Helton said at his press conference that USC’s athletic director, Lynn Swann, told him that “better days” were ahead. Some have speculated that those words mean Helton will be returning.One ESPN insider has heard that Helton has a huge buyout, which could contribute to him coming back in 2019.“If Clay Helton’s buyout is around $15 million, which I’ve heard from multiple people, there’s a bigger problem with the USC athletic department than a bad football coach. We’re talking about an interim coach who had never been a head coach before and was in Memphis for a decade,” he reports.If Clay Helton’s buyout is around $15 million, which I’ve heard from multiple people, there’s a bigger problem with the USC athletic department than a bad football coach. We’re talking about an interim coach who had never been a head coach before and was in Memphis for a decade.— Arash Markazi (@ArashMarkazi) November 25, 2018USC does have some big boosters, though. Colin Cowherd reports that several of them are calling for a change.“According to ABC announcers, Clay Helton is safe. If safe now means top USC boosters have told Lynn Swann to fire him, then yes, he is safe,” he reports.According to ABC announcers, Clay Helton is safe. If safe now means top USC boosters have told Lynn Swann to fire him, then yes, he is safe.— Colin Cowherd (@ColinCowherd) November 25, 2018Stay tuned.last_img read more

See More

Sudan Annan warns of devastating impact of fighting in Darfur region

In a statement issued by his spokesperson in New York, and distributed to the Darfur ceasefire talks being held in Chad, Mr. Annan said the fighting in Darfur “is having a devastating impact on the lives and well being of the people.”UN officials and agencies have warned over recent weeks that a dire humanitarian crisis is taking place in Darfur, with more than 750,000 Sudanese internally displaced and another 110,000 people fleeing across the border to neighbouring Chad.Fighting has raged for more than a year between the Sudanese Government, allied militias and rebel groups. Earlier this week, a group of eight UN experts, mostly rapporteurs, said they were concerned by reports that militias, encouraged by the Sudanese Government, were conducting an ethnic cleansing campaign against the local non-Arab population.In his statement today, Mr. Annan said he welcomed the efforts of Chad’s President Idriss Deby, the Sudanese Government, parties to the conflict and the international community to end the hostilities and draw up a long-term solution. He said the UN stands ready to help in any way in the search for solutionsCalling for the fighting to stop first, the Secretary-General also said humanitarian organizations must be allowed safe and unimpeded access to Darfur to help needy civilians. read more

See More